May 3rd, 2019
Ontario Autism Consultations Now Open
Ontario’s government is engaging families in public consultations on how children and youth with autism who have complex needs can be better supported.
There are two ways for families to participate in the consultations during the month of May – an online survey and a series of telephone town halls.
Participants will be asked to provide their insight on:
- How Ontario Autism Program services and supports help families and children’s learning and development.
- How families would use any additional funding based on need.
- Recommendations for the Ontario Autism Program.
- The role the education system should play in supporting students with autism to achieve their learning goals.
- How health and social supports for children with autism can be better integrated.
To learn more about the public consultations, please visit www.ontario.ca/autism or call the Dedicated Autism ServiceOntario Toll-Free Number at 1-888-284-8340.