Interested in becoming a volunteer? Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region is always looking for people who are interested in community inclusion, having fun, and making friends.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers for Ball Hockey Tournament (as part of Neighbours Day)
Are you looking for something fun to do on June 8th? Look no further! Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region is hosting their 6th Annual Ball Hockey Tournament, part of City of Kitchener’s Neighbours Day, from 9am-3pm at the Stanley Park Community Centre. There will also be a bike rally, bouncy castles, face painting, and so much more!
There are many positions available! For example, set up/take down, registration, help with food, ball hockey referees, and a ton more! Email Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Volunteers for Walk-or-Wheel
Walk-Or-Wheel (WOW), a Better Together Event in support of Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region, is a pledge-based fundraiser, where participants walk, run or wheel towards building a community where everybody belongs. This event is a fan favourite at EAFWR, where many participants are families we serve and many are community members inspired by the positive impact that EAFWR has in our community.
A variety of roles are available, and can include; set up and tear down, registration table, greeters, Snack Station, floaters. You can also help with more than one of the role listed above if you are interested. Email Michelle at email@example.com for further details.
If you are interested in one of our volunteer opportunities please fill out our Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteer Application and Screening Process
- To apply online please click here.
- To apply in person please bring to our office your cover letter, resume and a filled out copy of the following Volunteer Application & Availability Form.
- If selected for an interview your will receive a call from the Recruitment and Volunteer Coordinator.
- Upon a successful interview, you will be invited to attend a Volunteer activation meeting. This meeting will be your orientation to Extend-A-Family. It is also the opportunity to show your dedication by submitting all required screening documents.
- You will be considered a hired and active volunteer, only after you have complied with all of the above steps and Volunteer Screening Requirements.
- Your references can submit their recommendation online through the Online Reference Inquiry Form or print and complete a hardcopy of the Volunteer Reference Inquiry.
If you would like more information about volunteering with Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region, please call Michelle Scala, Recruitment and Volunteer Coordinator at 519-741-0190 x 253 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org