Interested in becoming a volunteer? Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region is always looking for people who are interested in community inclusion, having fun, and making friends.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Position – Board Member
We are seeking Members for our Board of Directors. EAF’s volunteer Board is made up of community and supportive family members, who champion and advocate for the organization’s mission, vision and values on behalf of its membership, and guide the strategic direction for the organization. Please refer to the job posting for further details.
Volunteer Position – Committee Member
We are seeking Committee Members to support our Board of Directors. EAF’s volunteer Board is made up of community members and supportive family members, who champion and advocate for the organization’s mission, vision and values on behalf of its membership, and guide the strategic direction for the organization. Please refer to the job posting for further details.
Time Commitment: To be determined
We are looking for a volunteer driver to drive and join someone at a knitting group, and/or to drive and join someone learning to dance. Volunteer drivers can enhance the lives of others by providing opportunities for people to attend functions or appointments that they may otherwise miss. Volunteer drivers must be dependable, prompt and ensure the safety and well-being of the individuals while driving. Valid G class license required. Volunteers must be comfortable supporting individuals with different abilities. Email Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
If you are interested in one of our volunteer opportunities please fill out our Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteer Application and Screening Process
- To apply online please click here.
- To apply in person please bring to our office your cover letter, resume and a filled out copy of the following Volunteer Application & Availability Form.
- If selected for an interview your will receive a call from the Recruitment and Volunteer Coordinator.
- Upon a successful interview, you will be invited to attend a Volunteer activation meeting. This meeting will be your orientation to Extend-A-Family. It is also the opportunity to show your dedication by submitting all required screening documents.
- You will be considered a hired and active volunteer, only after you have complied with all of the above steps and Volunteer Screening Requirements.
- Your references can submit their recommendation online through the Online Reference Inquiry Form or print and complete a hardcopy of the Volunteer Reference Inquiry.
If you would like more information about volunteering with Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region, please call Michelle Scala, Recruitment and Volunteer Coordinator at 519-741-0190 x 253 or email her at email@example.com