Interested in becoming a volunteer? Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region is always looking for people who are interested in community inclusion, having fun, and making friends.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Library of Things: Volunteer Position
The Kitchener Waterloo Library of Things (KW LOT) is a place where people can borrow tools, garden equipment, kitchen appliances or camping gear. We’re a community space where people share things. Why not volunteer with us and share your skills?
We’re looking for volunteers with one or more of these skill sets:
- Operational tasks during LOT Open Hours (Saturday 9-1 and Tuesday & Thurs 4-7 PM – checking in/out items; signing up new members, helping members select tools they need, basic tool use, safety cautions, etc)
- Organizing community workshops/events for skill sharing
- Tools maintenance (cleaning, sharpening, repair)
- Creating social media content to promote Library of Things
Interested? Then apply for a volunteer position at the Kitchener Waterloo Library of Things (KWLOT), a project of Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region, located at 91 Moore Avenue in Kitchener. Come visit KWLOT, and see what we are all about!
- A positive attitude
- Willing to learn new things
- Interest in working with people (customer service)
- Good organizational skills
- Work well in a team
- Good communication skills
How To Apply:
We invite you to apply by sharing a short statement of interest including the days you are available, and providing a resume. Please send your written or video resumes and statements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EAFWR and LOT want to make sure the application and the interview process are accessible and comfortable. You are also welcome to bring any support people along. Please contact us to discuss these or other accommodations you feel would be helpful.
If you are interested in one of our volunteer opportunities please fill out our Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteer Application and Screening Process
- To apply online please click here.
- To apply in person please bring to our office your cover letter, resume and a filled out copy of the following Volunteer Application & Availability Form.
- If selected for an interview your will receive a call from the Recruitment and Volunteer Coordinator.
- Upon a successful interview, you will be invited to attend a Volunteer activation meeting. This meeting will be your orientation to Extend-A-Family. It is also the opportunity to show your dedication by submitting all required screening documents.
- You will be considered a hired and active volunteer, only after you have complied with all of the above steps and Volunteer Screening Requirements.
- Your references can submit their recommendation online through the Online Reference Inquiry Form or print and complete a hardcopy of the Volunteer Reference Inquiry.
If you would like more information about volunteering with Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region, please call Michelle Scala, Recruitment and Volunteer Coordinator at 519-741-0190 x 253 or email her at email@example.com