Interested in becoming a volunteer? Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region is always looking for people who are interested in community inclusion, having fun, and making friends.
The health and well-being of the people we serve, our families, staff and the wider community is our top priority. All volunteer positions with EAFWR have been temporarily suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic, with the exception of our Board of Directors and Committee of the Board positions. Interviews will be conducted for these positions virtually via teleconference. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Michelle Scala at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer with our Board of Directors and Committee of the Board
Are you looking for a way to share your gifts and talents? Have you had a positive experience in the community and want to pay it forward? Or a “Popeye” moment and “can’t stands it no more?” Do you want to contribute to belonging in our community?
If you can relate to the above, keep reading to see if your values align with ours:
You Are Community Focused: and advocate for a nurturing and welcoming environment where people are valued, safe, recognized for what they bring and missed when they are not present.
You Celebrate: by recognition of people’s positive contributions, milestones and accomplishments.
You Believe In Citizenship: in its broadest sense in that everyone has responsibilities, places and spaces in community where they can contribute their gifts in meaningful ways, connect with others and feel welcome.
You Have Experienced Disability: in your life or the life of someone important to you.
You Believe in Teamwork: and listen actively, encourage the importance others, recognize their contribution, invite honest feedback, create a culture of ownership and responsibility for our mission of Community, Dignity, and Belonging.
You Are a Partner: and create mutually beneficial connections.
We are looking for members to join our Board of Directors or a Committee of the Board as we continue to foster a community of belonging. If you are still reading, please see the full Volunteer postings below:
If you are interested in one of our volunteer opportunities please fill out our Volunteer Application Form.
Volunteer Application and Screening Process
- To apply online please click here.
- To apply in person please bring to our office your cover letter, resume and a filled out copy of the following Volunteer Application & Availability Form.
- If selected for an interview your will receive a call from the Recruitment and Volunteer Coordinator.
- Upon a successful interview, you will be invited to attend a Volunteer activation meeting. This meeting will be your orientation to Extend-A-Family. It is also the opportunity to show your dedication by submitting all required screening documents.
- You will be considered a hired and active volunteer, only after you have complied with all of the above steps and Volunteer Screening Requirements.
- Your references can submit their recommendation online through the Online Reference Inquiry Form or print and complete a hardcopy of the Volunteer Reference Inquiry.
If you would like more information about volunteering with Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region, please call Michelle Scala, Recruitment and Volunteer Coordinator at 519-741-0190 x 253 or email her at email@example.com