Ways to give at Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region
Without the support of some truly generous community partners, Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region would have tremendous difficulty in working on social change and providing the activities and programs we do. Because of fantastic people like you, who want to make a difference, through volunteer, donation or support opportunities, we can offer community development initiatives, create policy change, and be a resounding voice in Waterloo Region.
Donate, volunteer, or support: find out about all of the ways you might be able to help Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region continue to succeed:
We graciously accept both personal and corporate/group donations via the following types of financial contributions:
- One-time gift
- Monthly gift
- Tribute – In memoriam
- Tribute – in celebration
We accept donations in three ways.
If you would like to donate online, please click here
You will be directed to a secure online site, which will process your credit card, PayPal, CanadaHelps gift card, or Debit/Interac donation. You will also have the option to donate a one-time gift, or a recurring monthly gift. You will receive an official tax receipt by email.
Donate by mail
If you would like to make your donation by mail, please make cheques payable to Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region, and mail to:
Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region
91 Moore Avenue
Kitchener, ON N2H 3S4
Donate in person
If you would like to make a cash or cheque donation in person, please drop by our office at 91 Moore Avenue, Kitchener. We are open Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 4:30pm.
*please note: we are only able to accept cash and cheque donations in person. All credit card donations must be made online.
Tax receipts will be issued for all donations of $10.00 or more.
Charitable Registration: 132784943RR0001
Have you been looking for that perfect volunteer opportunity?
Look no further! Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region has great volunteer opportunities available – perfect for anyone interested in community inclusion and belonging, special events, and building lasting relatinoships.
Support initiatives that donate to EAFWR
Initiatives like Smart Betty, Giving Day with Hudson’s Bay and Home Outfitters, Shoppers Optimum Rewards Program, and more, are places you can shop and contribute to Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region.
Feel good about your purchases, knowing that a portion of the sales comes back to nonprofits in the community.
Host a third-party fundraising event
Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region greatly appreciates the support we receive from the community. One of the many ways we receive financial support is from supporters in the community who choose to host a third party fundraiser on our behalf.
Third party fundraising events are hosted by another business, organization or individual in support of EAFWR. Events can range from garage sales and car washes to formal dinner parties and golf tournaments. Product sales parties (e.g., Arbonne, Avon, Epicure, etc.) work too! Many have hosted parties and donated proceeds back to EAFWR.
If you are interested in hosting an event on behalf of EAFWR, please contact Becky Klokoff at email@example.com. We want to help make your event a success and we look forward to working with you!
Some of the programs EAFWR offers that aren’t supported by government funding, are:
- The Short Breaks Fund offers respite and events for families currently waiting for funding approval.
- The Autism Spectrum Connection website and social media resource is an essential online tool for families, persons who identify with the Autism Spectrum Disorder, and professionals. ASC is your source for events, supports and resources.
- Support for young adults who have just graduated from Special Services at Home, and are awaiting funding approval in the adult funding system.
- Community development projects help connect those already involved with EAFWR to the broader community to meet people through groups, initiatives and opportunities.
- Inclusion and belonging events through the I Choose Dignity movement, as well as community education and awareness programs.
- Our Community Activity Fund helps offset the cost of recreation opportunities which allow people to be active and access community opportunities.
For more information about donating to Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region, please contact Kate Swift at 519-741-0190 x302 or at firstname.lastname@example.org