March 7th, 2018
From the DSO – Bill 148 Funding
Important information from Developmental Services Ontario, found at: http://www.dsontario.ca/news/bill-148-funding/
Bill 148 Funding
On November 22, 2017, the government passed legislation that includes a variety of new protections for workers and an increase to Ontario’s minimum wage from $11.60 per hour to $14 per hour as of January 1, 2018.
The government recognizes that this may impact the cost of purchased services in the developmental services sector. To help manage these costs for existing clients, additional funds are being made available.
This means in February 2018:
• Existing Passport and Special Services at Home recipients* will receive a prorated 15 per cent (15%) increase in their approval amount for the period January 1, 2018 to March 31, 2018.
Starting in April 2018:
• Existing Passport and Special Services at Home recipients* will get a 15 per cent (15%) increase to their annual (12 month) approved amount.
*If you have any further questions, please contact your Passport Agency Representative.
For new Passport and Special Services at Home recipients, these additional funds will be included in your approval amount.
• Read more about Bill 148, Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017
• This legislation will improve wages and working conditions for workers across the province.
• Learn about how the Ontario government is increasing the minimum wage
If your Special Services at Home or Passport contract is with Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region, please connect with your Support Coordinator about your increased amount so you can make a plan for this additional funding.