We administer a variety of programs at Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region and are always looking for new people with experience/interest in areas of community inclusion, promoting life skills, communication, social and play skills and who are available two or more hours per week.
Extend-A-Family offers both paid employment opportunities in addition to volunteer opportunities.
Specifically, we are looking for individuals that have skills around supporting individuals with special needs. For example, some of the specialized skills that we are looking for include:
- Development Service Workers
- Personal Support Workers
- 1st Aid/CPR training
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Lifts and Transfers Training
- Access to vehicle
- Specific training surrounding different diagnosis' Extend-A-Family frequently requires individuals with specialized skills in supporting individuals with challenging behaviors or supporting individuals that are medically fragile.
Application and Screening Process
- To apply online please click on the appropriate icon in the left hand column
- To apply in person please bring to our office your cover letter, resume and a filled out copy of the following application/preference form or volunteer application/availability form
- If selected for an interview your will receive a call from the Recruitment and Volunteer Coordinator
- Upon a successful interview, you will be invited to attend an activation meeting. This meeting will be your orientation to Extend-A-Family. It is also the opportunity to show your dedication by submitting all required screening documents.
- You will be considered a hired and active employee or volunteer, only after you have complied with all of the above steps and Employee Screening Requirements or Volunteer Screening Requirements
The rate of pay for Direct Support Contract Workers is $12.48/hr (including 4% vacation pay).
Our Respite program reimburses workers for their service according to the EAF respite scale.
If you would like more information about working or volunteering with Extend-A-Family in any of our various programs, please call Michelle Scala, Recruitment and Volunteer Coordinator at 519-741-0190 x238 or email her at email@example.com