First Aid & CPR
Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region’s (EAFWR) EMERGENCY First Aid/CPR course is taught monthly and is available to new employees and families of EAFWR for $75.
Registration is also open to community members at a cost of $95.
Existing Direct Support Workers who need to re-certify First Aid/CPR for their work at Extend-A-Family can take the course free of charge and are also offered an honorarium for their time.
The course is interactive and provides a forum for workers to problem solve and discuss specific first aid/CPR issues they may be dealing with in their work. Key aspects of the training include:
- Emergency action principles of first aid
- The Emergency Medical System
- Information on obstructed airways (ie: choking)
- Airway, breathing and cardiovascular Emergencies – rescue breathing
Trainer: Kate O’Connor – Certified Red Cross First Aid/CPR instructor
Please read the following forms about Training at EAFWR and our Staff Diversity Guidelines. You must read these before you are able to register for this training.
Please fill out the form below to register.
* If you do not have a credit card or PayPal account, please come into the EAFWR office to register with cash or cheque. EAFWR is open Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 4:30pm.