Crisis Prevention Training by Safe Management
Crisis Prevention Training by Safe Management (SMG) is a 12-hour training that provides knowledge in dealing with difficult situations. As part of this training you will learn:
• How to build a positive relationship with the individuals you support
• How to recognize and avoid potential challenging situations
• Verbal and nonverbal de-escalation techniques
• Physical principles of personal safety and techniques on how to avoid injury if behaviour escalates to a physical level
• How to apply the material covered in training to “real life” situations
This is an interactive and hands on session so please wear comfortable clothing.
This training is available to employees, volunteers and families supported by Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region (EAFWR) free of charge. Please call 519-751-0190 x 0 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
If you are not affiliated with EAFWR and wish to take this course, please contact Sarah Martin, email@example.com via email or by phone at 519-741-0190 x 238 for more information.
You can view the complete list of training dates on our events calendar.
Safe Management Trainers: Courtney Horowitz, Kevin Guay and Gryphon Sibbald