Are you interested in supporting individuals with disabilities in Waterloo Region?
The CHAP (Community Helpers for Active Participation) Program is part of respiteservices.com and is being hosted by Extend-A-Family for the Region of Waterloo. The CHAP Program connects families with independent workers through a Family Registry and Worker Bank. The CHAP Program is looking for individuals who are able to provide safe, stimulating and recreational support both in the home and in the community for individuals with disabilities and their families.
Some requirements are:
- Ability and willingness to work with persons with disabilities
- Effective communication skills with verbal and non-verbal individuals
- Commitment to providing quality life experiences to people in home and in the community
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Access to a reliable vehicle and First Aid/CPR Certification are assets
For more information or to register online visit
Or contact the CHAP Coordinator at Extend-A-Family
Phone: (519) 741-0190 ext. 289